Popular posts from this blog
RohJuh on Roids!
Originally posted to RohJuh.com on Mar 21, 2006. Roids??? Huh? Everything about the site still looks the same. In fact, it looks exactly the same. So what’s different? Well, you may have noticed that the site felt a bit different when you first arrived. You’ll likely notice a difference when you’re browsing through pics, and you’ll almost definitely notice something different when you’re viewing videos. What the heck am I talking about? I’m talking about SPEED, lots of it! As of today, RohJuh.com is being served from a commercial hosting provider instead of my home Mac. As I’ve complained about at various times in the past, most ISP (internet service providers) cap the upload speeds on home internet connections. Prior to today, RohJuh.com resided on my home Mac. Thus, anything that is requested from the site (text, pics, vids) must be uploaded from my home Mac to the end user, and is thereby restricted by that very limited uplink. For text it’s no big deal at all. For scaled pics, it i...
RohJuh V3
Originally posted to RohJuh.com on Mar 16, 2003. What is it about physical injury that motivates me to do web development? A serious flu while in Banff put me out of commission for about a week and that’s what sparked the Version 2.0 redesign. This time, it was a lower back injury incurred the day after the Mammoth trip. This little incident put me out of physical activity for over 3 weeks and this is what I spent most of that time (plus a lot of additional time) doing. So what’s the big deal about this version? After all, it doesn’t look that much different from the last version [Although it doesn't look much different, it does look a lot different from my original intention. At the start, my plan was to introduce Version 3 without any cosmetic changes. As I progressed, however, I decided I might as well just go all the way and also modify the overall look of the site]. Well, to use a well-worn cliche, looks can be deceiving. The vast majority of the changes are more ...


Comments
Post a Comment