Nepal, Here We Come!
Originally posted to RohJuh.com on Jun 3, 2005.
A few weeks ago, Judy finally decided that it was time to quit her job. She gave her company a very generous two months notice to give them ample time to find a replacement and to get that person up to speed. Her last day will be July 15, and she wants to take the opportunity to do some traveling during the interim between jobs. One of the destinations she’s been eyeing is Nepal and she found this really cool, 22-day trek of the Annapurna circuit. This was something that I wanted to do as well, but unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of vacation days accumulated yet since I just started my job in January.
I talked it over with my boss and he was OK with it. When the time comes, we’ll figure out what best to do (such as me going negative on my vacation balance). So the trip is a go! We’ve already reserved our spots for the trip and are currently planning on being gone from Thu Oct 27 to Sun Nov 21. Weather-wise, this is probably the optimal time to go, so it was no surprise that when we made our booking, most of the spots had already been filled. Although it’s still a good ways away, we’re both pretty excited about it already!
A few weeks ago, Judy finally decided that it was time to quit her job. She gave her company a very generous two months notice to give them ample time to find a replacement and to get that person up to speed. Her last day will be July 15, and she wants to take the opportunity to do some traveling during the interim between jobs. One of the destinations she’s been eyeing is Nepal and she found this really cool, 22-day trek of the Annapurna circuit. This was something that I wanted to do as well, but unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of vacation days accumulated yet since I just started my job in January.
I talked it over with my boss and he was OK with it. When the time comes, we’ll figure out what best to do (such as me going negative on my vacation balance). So the trip is a go! We’ve already reserved our spots for the trip and are currently planning on being gone from Thu Oct 27 to Sun Nov 21. Weather-wise, this is probably the optimal time to go, so it was no surprise that when we made our booking, most of the spots had already been filled. Although it’s still a good ways away, we’re both pretty excited about it already!
Comments
Post a Comment